17 Basic Hair Care Tips For Hair Straightening
In last four months we have done more than 250 Straightening.
Here are some tips to take care of rebounded hair
- Do not wet your hair for three days after the procedure. Yes, it means greasy hair and no swimming. The chemicals have to seep in and settle.
- Do not tie your hair or put it on the back of your ears. The hair will be in a state where it acquires a shape.
- When you sleep, make sure your hair is straight. You don’t want to wake up to weird shaped hair.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner after three days. Leave the conditioner on your hair for extra minutes.
- Avoid usage of any heating tools. That means no blow drying too. If you are in a need of drying hair, then use the cool blast of air option.
- Do not mess with your hair for at least six months – that means no hair coloring, no streaks, no highlighting. Your hair needs to relax after the high dose of straightening chemicals.
- Have your hair trimmed on a regular basis. This ensures your hair remains in top condition. Make sure there are no split ends. You don’t want it to travel up the length and deepen the damage.
- Use cold water to wash your hair. Hot water will rob it of its moisture.
- Make sure you wash away all the residue as anything left back will result in itching, hair fall and dandruff.
- Use a wide toothed hair comb to separate the strands. Remove any tangles with great care. A wooden comb is preferable as plastic combs are known to create frizz due to static.
- If your hair is not really greasy or oily, stay away from shampooing every day. You can try alternate days or try co-washing which means using conditioner as a shampoo and just rinsing it away.
- Keep your hair safe from environmental factors – harsh sun rays, cold winds and the rains. Use a hat or an umbrella.
- Apply a hair serum regularly. This creates a barrier between your hair and the outside and helps protect it better.
- Use a leave in conditioner. This helps in retaining the moisture and keeps dryness and frizz away.
- Use hair masks frequently or get hair spas done. Your hair needs moisture and nutrition.
- In case you wet your hair due to rain, wash your hair like a regular wash as soon as possible. The salts and pollutants from rain water are highly damaging.
- Follow a nutritious diet. A good diet consists of nuts, cashews, almonds and lots of fruits and vegetables. These are known to promote healthy hair.